If you do one positive thing this year make it: LEARN TO LOVE YOURSELF. At HV Holistic Health, we believe that loving yourself is just as important as being loved by another human.
Spot the signs you don’t love yourself:
- You see negatives, when others see positives in you.
- No matter how successful you are, you feel it’s never good enough.
- You notice the flaws in your body, rather than your assets.
- You reject complements from others.
- You blame yourself when you’re rejected.
- You put everyone, and everything, first.
- You struggle to say, ‘no’ without feeling guilty.
- You don’t plan for the future.
- Making time for yourself is not a priority.
If the above sounds familiar, it’s time to change how you treat yourself. When you appreciate and love yourself, not only will you notice positive changes in your life, you will radiate love to others, too.
- Devote as much time to yourself, as you do for your friends. Do things that make you feel good.
- Dress in clothes that make you feel confident, whatever that happens to be.
- Exercise and eat nutritious food that helps you feel good.
- Daily affirmations are a great way to help your subconscious mind think more positively. For example: I love myself, I deserve to be loved. Try practicing gratitude. Note down 3 things you are grateful for about yourself every day.
- IKEA UAE conducted a study, where children were asked to give one plant compliments, and the other criticism for one month. The experiment discovered that the plant given criticism wilted, whereas the plant showered with compliments, flourished.
- Motivational author, Louise Hay, suggests thinking of yourself as a young child. Would you speak to a young child in a way that you would criticise yourself? Also, when someone gives you a complement, they mean it accept it, and say thanks.
Putting yourself first may be a hard concept to grasp, but once you do, you will have more time, love and energy to spend on other loved ones.