Change their habits, and improve their health, with the HV Holistic guide to ‘Health for kids’. It’s your job to educate your children that healthy eating isn’t a punishment.
- Stop rewarding good behaviour with junk food/ sweets. Educate children about their daily limit of sugar. Limit junk food to once a month, and NEVER use it as a reward. We see many adults who say, “I worked hard today so I deserve fast food”. This mindset starts from a young age, and it’s your job to educate your children that healthy eating isn’t a punishment.
- Use the school holidays as a chance to find new hobbies or clubs. There are plethora of summer camps being advertised at the moment, ranging from arts & crafts, to sports. Anything that stimulates their mind, encourages group engagement or broadens their skillset, will do. At HV, we’ve got a Fun Fitness Class starting from 7th July, too.
- Teach your kids how to have fun outdoors. There might not be mountains to climb but, Bahrain lends itself to water sports beautifully. Try joining a triathlon club, paddle boarding, swimming classes or even water polo.
- Diversify their interests. You might not think your child will ever be the next Andy Murray but, teaching them hand-to-eye coordination in sports such as tennis, will ensure that they can adapt to physical situations in the future. We see a large number of adults who have little balance and coordination, and this can hamper normal day-to-day activities, and increase the chance of injury.
- Enrol you AND your kids on a healthy cooking course. If you don’t know what constitutes a healthy breakfast, (which we get asked a LOT!), how will your kids? Learn together what should be eaten for a balanced breakfast, lunch & dinner, and broaden their tastes to foods that will benefit their mental, and physical, health.